Awards for Excellence in Supply Management Submission Form
Thank you for applying for the Institute for Supply Management® — Michigan State University Awards for Excellence in Supply Management.
Applications for the 2015 Awards will be accepted via this website until August 22, 2014 (by midnight MST).
- The awards program is for supply management departments and not for individuals.
- The awards program is not for service providers.
- The maximum number of pages for the entire application cannot exceed 8 (including executive summary).
- For the 2015 Awards, the project/initiative must
(1) have been completed and/or implemented and
(2) have measurable outcomes within the date range of
October 1, 2011 through
August 22, 2014.
- Purchase the Excellence in Supply Management Application Fee by clicking the "Purchase ISM Award Application Fee" link and continuing the checkout process. You may pay the fee before or after you make a submission.
Purchase ISM Award Application Fee
indicates a required field
Application Process and Requirements
Applicants must submit the following:
- Complete all elements of the Web application form, select one category per unique entry and include the category on the cover page. Category Choices are: Process, Transformation of the Organization, People, Technology or Sustainability.
- An executive summary of no more than two pages that includes, in this order:
- Brief description of your organization.
- A clear description of the reason/rationale behind the project/initiative strategy.
- "How the project/initiative meets date range parameters
(October 1, 2011 through
August 22, 2014.)".
- How your organization was impacted (for example, what was your solution, what was the effect across the business,
how did you become more competitive and so on).
- How your solution exhibited leadership and innovation.
- Results and how they were validated and quantified (for example, real-world performance data including milestones,
baseline metrics and results or the percentage or magnitude of the results).
- Plans for sustaining the initiative.
Submit in Microsoft Word using a minimum 10 pt. text size.
- Supporting documentation further explaining the scope, impact and execution of the initiative following the
general order of the executive summary. Validation of results from internal business partners, external customers or suppliers is encouraged.
Please do not submit confidential or proprietary materials. Results may be stated in terms of order of magnitude rather than actual figures.
Supporting documentation cannot exceed six pages. These documents may be in Word, Excel, PowerPoint or PDF format.
Attachment(s): Use attachments to back up the results with specifics and documentation (maximum six typewritten pages and/or charts).
- Total application length, excluding the Web application form, may not exceed eight pages total.
- Applicants will only be accepted through the ISM website, www.ism.ws/RichterAwards.
- An application fee of $1,000 per organization is required for the 2015 Award applications. Organizations may submit up to three (3) unique applications for the $1,000 fee. The application fee will be used to build the R. Gene Richter Scholarship Fund. The entry fee is not refundable. Purchase the Excellence in Supply Management Application Fee by clicking the "Purchase ISM Award Application Fee" button and continuing the checkout process.
You will receive an email confirming your application has been recorded by the ISM Awards application system. If you do not receive an email let ISM know by sending an email to Awards@ism.ws.
The Oversight Committee reserves the right to remove any application from consideration at its sole discretion.
Back to top